Personalized Learning Experience
Earn Credit Outside of School: Current After-School Opportunities
Looking for students who may be interested in the following opportunities. Students must be 16 if they are involved in a "non school district" site. Contact Mrs. Volo for further information (room 196) or email email@example.com.
Credits: .25, .50, 1.0 (depending on hours)
Meriden Historical Society
For those with an interest in history, with particular emphasis on Meriden history
Assistants needed: Independent research involved with weekly check-ins at the site. Must be at least 16.
- Children's Display – what was childhood like in Meriden in the 1800s?
- History of clubs in Meriden (Rotary, Kiwanis, Women's Club, etc) – How did these clubs start? What types of events/activities were done?
- Taking old films and digitizing
Cooking and Gardening Club for Children Assistant
For those interested in cooking/gardening and working with children at Thomas Hooker Elem School, Thursdays 2:50-4:45.
- Assistant to the Club Adviser.
- Cooking healthy food and snacks during winter months.
- In spring, will learn about soil, composting, and gardening.
Activities Assistant/Homework Tutor
Daily at Hale, Hanover, Pulaski. Hours can vary depending on how much credit they are looking for. (Students must be 17 for this.)
Teacher Assistant for After-School Program
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 3:30-5 for the whole school year (can be split into 1/2 year if needed).
Photography - Working with QRWA
Combination of photography and nature interest.
- Photographing the flora and fauna of the trails and documenting how they change through the seasons
- Independent research finding info about each species to be used as signage along the trail, brochure info, or video to be linked on their website
Do you have an interest you would like to pursue? See Mrs. Volo to discuss and find opportunities that match your interests!