College Search & Application Resources
Big Futures by CollegeBoard – Allows you to search for schools by selectivity, type, location, majors, sports, cost, etc; learn about their requirements; and see how you stack up to the competition.
Peterson's Guide to College – Get matched to schools by types, location, and major; includes articles/information on scholarships and test preparation/practice.
College View – Matches you to schools based on over 20 parameters (i.e., cost, location, type, etc.); includes application information for each school and financial aid opportunities.
College Confidential – Matches you to schools based on a variety of criteria; includes free resources and tools for students and parents, including scholarships searches, financial aid calculators, and more.
Naviance – Matches you to schools based on a variety of criteria; includes scholarship searches both local and national, you will list colleges/universities you will be applying, request teacher recommendations, request transcripts and match your common app and Naviance accounts.
The Common App – Allows you to apply to multiple colleges simultaneously; includes over 500 colleges and universities across the country.
Financial Aid Resources
- College.gov – Information regarding types of aid and how to qualify for aid. College preparation and federal aid resources for students and families.
- FAFSA.gov – Link to apply for federal aid (FAFSA may be submitted after October 1st).
- Office of Higher Education – Information for students and families about planning and paying for college.
Scholarship Opportunities for Seniors
A complete list of Local and National Scholarships can be found in Naviance Student! To get to this page, you will:
- Log into your Naviance Account by clicking the above link
- Click on the "Colleges" tab
- Click "Scholarship List"
- Open the drop down box and click "Local Scholarships"
You can also visit the School Counseling Office and check the Scholarship Binder. Emails are sent to all seniors through Naviance when a scholarship becomes available.
Other Useful Scholarship Links:
- FastWEB – Students can complete a profile in about twenty-five minutes. The profile is then matched to a database which provides the student with a list of potential scholarships.
- National Scholarship Research Database – The online questionnaire can be completed in about fifteen minutes and the scholarships listed tend to match the student profile.
- The College Board – The site provides a wide variety of college information as well as a search engine with sources for college funding.
- United Negro College Fund – Applications for minority related scholarships.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund – Lists scholarships for Hispanics.