20 hours of community service are required for graduation. Remember, without your community service hours, you cannot graduate.
It is not too early to think about fulfilling your community service requirements. All students are required to perform 20 hours of community service in order to graduate from high school. Community service forms are available in the School Counseling Office. Volunteer opportunities are posted regularly in the School Counseling office on the Community Service bulletin board. All community service hours must be completed at a "not for profit" organization. See your counselor if you need further information regarding community service.
* Seniors interested in the Mayor's Community Service Scholarship must keep track of their own hours past the school's required 20 hours. Any senior who has completed 100 hours above their graduation requirement should fill out an application. Students with a GPA of 2.5 or better can apply for a $500 scholarship and students with a GPA of 3.45 or better can apply for a $1000 scholarship. See Ms. Scarfo in the School Counseling Office for the application.
Do you enjoy working with people who have special needs?
Then join us at the Colony Lanes bowling alley in Wallingford. We need students to help our special needs people bowl. Please join us Fridays at 5:00 pm and/or Sunday mornings at 9:45 am. We cant wait to see you! If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Denise Murphy at 203-235-9762 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer at the Meriden Art Gallery
Who: Maloney & Platt high school students
Where: Art Gallery, 53 Colony Street, Meriden, CT 06450
Contact person: Ms. Rita Sarris, 203-235-5347
Hours: Tuesday through Friday, noon to 4 pm; Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm.
- Move and set up the Gallery store
- Help set up monthly window displays
- Reassess our computer work
- Print and place labels on exhibit postcards
- Print and prep the monthly newsletter for mailing
- Assist with inventory, organizing and our general cleaning